Frequently Asked Questions
LASER HAIR REMOVAL
For many men, having smooth skin that is free of hair is a part of feeling good about their appearance. Laser Hair Removal is a safe, fast and highly effective method of removing unwanted body and facial hair, chosen by men of diverse backgrounds and ages.
With a commitment to using the safest and most effective technology available, Men’s Den Laser Hair Removal Treatments uses Candela Gentle Max Pro machines – the most trusted name in the industry. The laser targets only the hair follicle, leaving the surrounding skin unharmed. You may experience some redness, but this should subside within 24 hours.
It’s amazing technology. The laser treatment uses brief pulses of light energy to damage hair follicles, preventing regrowth. This gives the most effective, longest lasting hair removal results available.
The laser emits light energy, which is absorbed by melanin in the hair.
Most men describe laser hair removal as feeling like the flick of an elastic band. As you have more sessions, we target fewer and fewer follicles – so you’ll feel the laser less each time.
The truth is, most men remove unwanted hair based on a strong sense of self, not fashion.
The treatment is safe on all skin types and colours. As the laser is attracted to the pigment of the hair follicle, the only consideration is whether your unwanted hair has enough pigment to be treated. Your Men’s Den therapist will discuss this during your complimentary consultation.
Basically, anywhere there is hair with enough pigment to attract the laser light. Laser Hair removal is safe and effective, even on sensitive areas.
Laser hair removal offers an 85% to 95% reduction in hair. So, after an effective number of treatments (sometimes between 6 and 10) the unwanted hair is largely removed. The darker your unwanted hair, the better it draws the energy of the laser beam to it, giving greater hair reduction.
Your Men’s Den therapist will discuss your hair type and the results you can expect to see in your complimentary consultation.
It’s essentially, different strokes for different blokes. All hair removal needs are different, however on average 6 to 10 treatments are needed based on 2-6 week intervals, resulting in 85% to 95% of the hair being permanently removed.
Have you got a tan? Had a skin reaction to something? No problem, it’s just important that you let us know, as this can make a difference when it comes to providing the best treatment.
Compared to the cost of a lifetime’s shaving, laser hair removal sessions are great value for money. It’s also important to remember that cheaper laser hair removal doesn’t always mean better or safe.
Laser hair treatment is fine for any skin type or colour, as long as your hairs are dark enough to attract the laser.
Our treatments will never harm your skin. There may be a little redness, but this will fade within 24 hours.
There are a few things you can do prior to your treatment that will be beneficial to its success.
- Treatment area must be shaved with a new razor within 24hours of your treatment. If you need assistance with shaving, please advise upon booking.
- Avoid sun exposure 7 days prior to treatment, if you are sunburnt or tanned you must wait 2 weeks before treating to avoid skin damage.
- Avoid all spray tans and sun tanning products.
- Avoid all topically applied Retin-A, hydroquinone and any other photo-sensitizing topical and oral medications.
- No waxing, tweezing or epilating area 3-4 weeks prior to your treatment.
- Clients with the use of Accutane, roaccutane or any similar product cannot be treated for 6 months.
- No physical activity that increases body temperature within 2 hours before treatment.
- No anti-wrinkle injections and fillers within 2 weeks prior to treatment.
After the treatment and for a few hours your skin may feel slightly sensitive. A cool pack or the application of Aloe Vera may alleviate this sensation.
Over coming days, you should avoid using excessive skin products, colognes, tanning lotions and body and/or facial scrubs.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 7 days post-treatment.
- Apply post-care products for best results every 2 hours for the next 24 hours.
- Apply a broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection daily.
- Keep area cool for the next 24-48 hours with no physical activity to increase body temperature 2 hours.
- For best results, complete the full treatment plan at recommended visits.
At Men’s Den we only use the best of the best, which is why we choose the most trusted and worldwide leaders in Laser, Candela. Its dual wavelength laser platform combines the fastest and most powerful laser for the most effective results. The GentleMax PRO is the gold standard in all laser treatments from hair reduction, vascular, pigmented lesions and is Candela’s latest machine, of which we are one of the few licensed carriers in Australia.
Good question. A Skin Peel is a safe, effective skin treatment that targets new skin cell regeneration. At Men’s Den we offer a variety of industry leading Skin Peels that involve applying a non-toxic chemical solution to the skin that removes the top layer of dead skin cells and encourages new ones to grow, revealing the softer, smoother skin beneath.
Men’s Den skin peels are designed to exfoliate your skin and encourage it to refresh itself by creating fresh new skin cells. The peel lifts away dead cells and trigger a chain reaction that sends signals to the living cells below to move up.
By removing trapped layers of built up dead skin cells and clogged pores caused by acne, improper cleansing, neglect, or sun damage and ageing, we can help reveal healthy radiant skin.
Men’s Den give your skin the CPR that it needs and bring it back to life with a treatment backed by the ASPECT range. You can expect;
- Rejuvenated and brighter skin
- Revival of dull skin
- Removal of dead skin cells
- Even skin texture and tone
- Reduced appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Smoother, softer skin
- Eliminated pigmentation and reduced effects of sun damage
- Reduction of inflammation and breakouts caused by acne
- Hydrated and nourished skin
- Stimulated collagen production for plump and youthful looking skin
To achieve maximum results, our skin therapist will recommend a course of skin peels depending on your skin type, tone and condition.
We offer complimentary consultations for all new and existing clients. During your consultation you’ll be advised on the right type of peel for you, and will receive a personalised treatment plan to achieve optimum results.
We have a range of treatments that vary in strength and offer effective solutions to a variety of skin concerns. During your consultation our skin therapist will recommend which treatment is most suitable for you depending on your area or areas of concern.
This will depend on the type of peel used, the condition of the skin, medication taken and general health and well-being. Certain medications and health issues may be a contra indication to a chemical peel as they can increase adverse side effects. During your pre-treatment consultation our skin therapist will discuss and address any concerns.
Not really. It is best to try and avoid direct sun exposure before and after getting a skin peel. Since the UV rays are likely to cause further damage to your skin, it is important to use sunscreen to prevent any new damage before, during and after your treatments. An SPF of 30+ is recommended.